The goal of the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) is to transform primary care clinics into age-friendly organizations. QHA is supporting this work by providing support to rural and tribal health partners within the Dakota GWEP region by leading these key functions:
- Help operationalize healthcare redesign to implement age-friendly actions at each partnering rural and tribal clinic, including the structuring of clinic-specific PDSA cycles of change
- Create a central data repository of age-friendly data from the rural and tribal health care partners
- Assist with data collection and reporting of the five measures of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program linked to the GWEP project
- Assist each clinic with data collection that supports age friendly processes and goals, including EMR design to extrapolate data
- Analyze data at the local, regional and state levels for publications and reports
- Engage trainees from the Dakota GWEP in data collection and analysis
This contract is funded by the University of North Dakota through a grant from the U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration.