The PATH Initiative seeks to improve quality of care for American Indian and Alaska Native people by implementing best practices and identifying operational improvement needs. QHA subcontracts with HealthInsight who partners with Indian Health Services and their hospitals.
QHA supports IHS hospitals through the PATH Initiative to:
- Develop leaders through training and networking
- Build strong hospital systems through team-based care and clinical quality improvement
- Strengthen patient, family and tribal engagement
- Promote and spread best practices in hospitals
- Ensure that clinical, operational and safety standards are met or exceeded
- Assist with the development of hospital improvement plans
- Establish baseline data to ensure plans for improvement are successful and sustainable
A very important aspect of PATH work is to assure inclusion of American Indian and Alaska Native culture, tradition and personal wishes. QHA assists participants in assessing patient, family and tribal engagement to strengthen the relationships between the hospitals and the communities. Additionally, QHA advises participants on integrating input from patients, families and tribal communities into quality improvement planning as well as how to provide feedback to these groups.
This initiative is funded by the Center for Standards and Quality, a division of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).